“People Helping People”
Credit unions first began in the mid-1800s with a simple but unique concept – if individuals came together and pooled their savings, they could provide a valuable credit source that would not otherwise be available. This notion of “people helping people” has been the guiding principle for Southeastern since our inception in 1953. We still embody the spirit of service to others that the original founders of the credit union movement exemplified. Giving back to our communities and helping one another is what we were built on. Simply stated, it’s who we are.
Our Commitment and Core Values
At Southeastern, we are committed to improving the quality of life for our members, our employees, and our neighbors. We support those organizations who embrace our same commitment and who most closely align with our own core values of giving – financial literacy, disadvantaged youth, military and veterans’ affairs, and health and sciences. Through our corporate giving endeavors, we are seeking to make the communities we serve better places to live and work.
Requests for Support
Each year, we receive hundreds of requests for support from worthwhile charitable organizations. Unfortunately, we simply cannot support them all. We will review all requests submitted through our secure Donation Request Form but may only support those whose missions are in line with our own aforementioned core values.
To request a monetary or in-kind donation, you must submit our online Donation Request Form below.
Guidelines for Requests
We don't exist just to provide financial services, but to provide financial services for the purpose of improving lives. While our first responsibility is to our members, being a part of a cooperative movement means looking beyond our walls to the larger community in which we work and reside.
- All donation requests must be submitted online. We will not accept any written, faxed, emailed, or hand-delivered requests.
- Your donation request cannot exceed a value of $500.
- Submissions must be received no later than 4 weeks prior to the date the donation is needed.
- We will only support non-profit organizations with a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status.
- The submission of a request does not guarantee that you will receive a donation.
- We only support organizations once per calendar year.
To make a donation request, simply fill out our donation request form.