Southeastern Credit Union is holding our 4th Annual Fill-A-Truck food drive. For the past three years Southeastern has held a food drive to raise monetary and food donations for Second Harvest a food bank who serves pantries and agencies in South Georgia. We have selected five agencies this year to benefit from the drive: LAMP, The Soup Kitchen, The Caring Place, Tiftarea Community Food Bank and Concerted Services.
Last year with the communities help we were able to collect and donate more than 76,000 lbs of food that provided 50,000 to hungry South Georgians. This year we are hoping to collect even more. With the help of the community we have been able to collect 197,000 pounds of food over the last three years!! Our Fil-A-Truck Food Drive will be September 1-30, 2017. It takes 20,000 lbs to fill a truck and if the community fills one truck Southeastern will donate funds needed for a second truckload.
All 7 Southeastern Branches are accepting non-perishable food items and monetary donations. Every $1 we raise results in 4 lbs of food. If you know of any other businesses that would like to collect or make a monetary donation please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Collection Sites for Non-Perishable Food Items
- Valdosta-All 6 South Georgia Regional Library locations, Greenleaf, Lowndes County, Lowndes Tag Office, Lowndes Sheriff's Office
- Tifton-City of Tifton, ABAC, Tiftarea, Tift County High
Fill-A-Truck Events and Offers
- September 1-30: South Georgia Regional Library -South Georgia Regional Library system will forgive up to $5.00 in late fees per account in exchange for non-perishable food donations. Each non-perishable food item donated in the month of September equals $1.00 in fine forgiveness, up to $5.00 per account.
The person with the late fees much present his or her library card at an SGRL location and ask for fine forgiveness when bringing in donations. Fine forgiveness applies to existing late fees only and does not apply to lost or damaged items or other bills and cannot be used towards the purchase of a new card.
- September 7-9: Bring in non-perishable food item to Langdale Honda between 9 am-7 pm. Donate and receive a Langdale Honda $25 off service coupon and you will also be entered for a chance to win a $500 VISA gift card.
Official Rules for "LANGDALE HONDA $500 VISA GIFT CARD GIVEAWAY"
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. BY ENTERING OR PARTICIPATING IN THIS CONTEST, YOU AGREE TO THE OFFICIAL RULES.
- CONTEST PERIOD: The $500 VISA Gift Card Giveaway Contest begins at 9:00 AM ET on September 7, 2017 and ends at 7:00 PM ET on September 9, 2017.
- ELIGIBILITY: Must be a legal resident of the United States. Must be 18 years of age or older on or before September 7, 2017. Must possess government issued identification and Social Security number. Employees, board members, and their immediate family (parent, child, spouse, siblings and their respective spouses) of Southeastern Credit Union are not eligible to win.
- HOW TO ENTER:
- Donate at least one non-perishable food item to Southeastern Credit Union’s Fill-A-Truck for Hunger event located at Langdale Honda of Valdosta, 225 Norman Drive, Valdosta, GA 31601 from 9:00 AM, September 7, 2017 until 7:00 PM, September 9, 2017 Eastern Standard Time.
- Complete a registration ticket during the contest period mentioned above at Langdale Honda of Valdosta located at 225 Norman Drive, Valdosta, GA 31601. LIMIT ONE ENTRY PER PERSON.
- By participating, all entrants agree to the official rules and spirit of the giveaway. Participants agree to release, discharge, and hold harmless Southeastern Credit Union and all of their employees and board members from any and all liability, claims, or damages to persons or property arising out of participation in the $500 VISA Gift Card Giveaway contest.
- Southeastern Credit Union reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who does not abide by the official rules and spirit of the giveaway, or who attempts to tamper with the contest and/or outcome thereof.
- WINNER DETERMINATION: Prize winner will be randomly drawn on September 11, 2017 from entries received during the contest. Winner will be required to execute and return publicity release and to provide full legal name, address, and Social Security number for tax filing purposes or prize will be forfeited.
- PRIZE: $500 VISA Gift Card
- PRIZE DETAIL: Winner must pick up prize within 30 days of notification from Southeastern Credit Union, 3501 N Valdosta Rd, Valdosta, GA. Winner is responsible for transporting prize off-site. The winner of the contest is responsible for all taxes and/or applicable fees associated with products or goods. The winner of the contest agrees to release Southeastern Credit Union and all of their employees and board members from any and all liability associated with the awarding and receiving of the $500 VISA Gift Card.
- ANNOUNCEMENT OF WINNER: Winner will be drawn and announced at open of business at 9:00 AM, September 11, 2017. Winner will be contacted at telephone number provided and given 30 days to pick up prize.